Everyone knows life can sometimes be stressful. But if you have a morning routine, you can be less stressed as you and the kids get up and get ready. Here are some ways to make the most of each day with a routine to get you going:
Image Source: DadSolo.com
Additional Morning Routine Resources:
- Establish a successful morning routine to promote a sense of calm and organization. A routine that works for one family may not work for another. For example, you may find that laying out clothes the night before cuts down on wasted time, while another parent uses the ability to choose an outfit as a way to coax children out of bed in the morning. The key is to find what works for you and make adjustments if necessary — there isn’t a be-all end-all morning routine.
- Outsource what you can, like walking the dog. You could also find a friend or neighbor to carpool with or hire a nanny to keep the kids in the afternoon before you get home from work and ask that they prepare lunches for the next day. Accept help when and where you can.
- De-stress your morning routine in any way you can. If gathering together school supplies or packing lunches is a source of chaos, take steps to make it easier. You could make lunches for the week ahead on Sunday afternoons or set up a bin for school items such as backpacks, lunch boxes, and homework to go in each night.
- Get the kids to school on time by whatever means necessary, even if this requires eating breakfast in the car or setting the clocks forward 30 minutes. There is no shame in your get-to-school game.
- Use a revolutionary morning routine hack: play music. It’s a simple idea that works wonders for getting kids up and moving in the morning. Start with something calm and soothing during the wake-up period, and gradually transition to something more upbeat. Switch up the playlist every week or two to keep things fresh, and encourage the kids to pick out some of their favorite tunes for a truly customized playlist.
Now that you know how to maximize your mornings, you’re ready to take on the day. Plan your menu, bake those cookies, and decorate your home. Watch out world, here you come!