Video games have their pros and cons, but when used in moderation, they can be a very powerful educational tool. There are many benefits to video games, like eye-hand coordination and faster processing skills. But if you are intentional with the games you choose, there can also be some pretty impressive educational benefits to playing video games.
Give your kids screen time you can feel less guilty about. Listen to their interests and then explore some of these educational and exciting video games for kids and teens.
- Big Brain Academy—Educational Game Review
- Scribblenauts Unlimited Review
- Crazy Machines The Wacky Contraptions Game
- Online Puzzles for Kids
- Math Blaster In The Prime Adventure
- Leapfrog Leapster Explorer
- Shapes! A Geometry Activity for Children
- Free Online Math Games
- Where on Google Earth is Carmen Sandiego?
- Parent reviews for Sid Meier’s Civilization VI
- National Geographic Challenge! Reviews
- 9 Free Online Geography Games for Kids
- Learn to Code with Minecraft
- Battle Royale: Make Your First Fortnite Style Video Game
- Make your own Roblox games the easy way
- 8 Best Programming Games for Kids
With education having an increasingly large digital component, giving your kids access to fun games that also offer some education is a good way to supplement your child’s learning. Try to play some of these games with them, so that they can benefit from your perspective and encouragement. You may even learn a few new things, too!